• sandy-building-grass
  • 276x-sm.jpg

Minutes January 30, 2014

Posted in SCC

 

School Community Council Meeting

Sandy Elementary

January 30, 2014

In Attendance:  Sandra Dahl-Houlihan, Rachelle Pease, Diana Wallace, Beki Cowdell, Jen Wright, Andrea Blaney, Allie Weaver, Tracie Peay, Kenda Rose, and Tasha Escher.

Meeting called to order by Tracie Peay.

Last meeting’s minutes were reviewed.

Items for Discussion:

  1. Parent Advisory Meeting will be held on Monday, February 10th at Jordan High School.  All members of the Community Council are invited to attend.
  2. We reviewed our current CSIP and reading achievement plan.  Members are encouraged to contemplate this plan and what to plan for the 2014-2015 school year and budget.
  3. We reviewed the current safe walking route.  We will continue this same route for the next year as there are no changes to the school’s boundaries.  Tasha brought up a safety issue of a semi-permanent ice patch near a gate that has a sloped ground.  Students and parents enter the school’s grounds here and try not to fall.  She suggested opening the other gate where the ground is level rather than inclined.  It would be safer for everyone.  This is on the north side of the school.
  4. Staff professional development was discussed.  Teachers will receive further training on the new writing portion of the SAGE end-of-the-year test.
  5. We discussed the need for an updated sound system.  The Community Council members fully support this idea.  A portion of the carnival revenue can contribute to the cost of the sound system.
  6. Jen Wright chaired the discussion on the Carnival.  Sandra will check with Custom Events to verify our reservation with them. 
  7. We would like to include the car show.  Beki will check with her husband and father-in-law to see if they’d still like to participate in the car show. 
  8. Jen will talk to Gary about being the emcee for that night. 
  9. Ally will talk to Coach Mere about organizing the junior coaches to run the sack race and tug-of-war. 
  10. Andrea will be our teacher rep.  She will organize sign up for dunk tank, carnival game booths and dance schedule.  Andrea will talk to Melissa about having members of their ward to help with clean-up. 
  11. Sandra will talk to Roxanne to ask the PTA if they can donate books and/or posters to the Carnival. 
  12. Sandra will contact E-Excel about providing volunteers.  We will continue Bingo.  Rachelle will talk to Lani because her husband ran it last year.
  13. Jen will talk to Sue about using Sam’s Club Business Card to have Sam’s Club Staff to pull complete shopping list beforehand.
  14. School community council approved the motion to use part of the $1,000 previously earmarked for teacher incentives for carnival start-up money.
  15. Tracie will talk to Harmons and Wal-Mart about donations.
  16. We liked the idea of the cinch sacks.  We’ll talk to Hot Dog on a Stick for lemonade, Taco Cart Man, and Jamba Juice. 
  17. Sandra will talk to Felipe’s Mom at Little Ceasar’s Pizza to provide pizza that night including delivery.
  18. Diana will invite the Canyons District personnel.
  19. Minutes were reviewed and approved.

Reunión del Consejo de la Comunidad Escolar de la Primaria Sandy

30 de Enero 2014

En Asistencia: Sandra Dahl- Houlihan, Rachelle Pease , Diana Wallace, Beki Cowdell , Jen Wright , Andrea Blaney , Allie Weaver, Tracie Peay , Kenda Rose, y Tasha Escher.

La reunión fue convocada por Tracie Peay .

Se revisaron los minutos de la pasada reunión.

Temas de debate :

1 . Reunión de Consejo de Padres se llevará a cabo el Lunes 10 de Febrero en la Escuela  Jordán  High. Se invita a todos los miembros del Consejo de la Comunidad a asistir.

2 . Revisamos nuestro plan CSIP y el logro de lectura actual. Se anima a los miembros a contemplar este plan y lo que necesitamos planificar para el año escolar 2014-2015 y el presupuesto.

3 . Revisamos la ruta actual  de caminar seguros . Vamos a seguir esta misma ruta para el próximo año ya que no hay cambios en los límites de la escuela. Tasha planteó una cuestión de seguridad de un parche de hielo semipermanente cerca de una puerta que tiene un terreno en pendiente . Los estudiantes y los padres que entren a la propiedad de la escuela por aquí, evitar de caerse. Ella sugirió abrir la otra puerta donde el suelo está nivelado y no inclinado. Sería más seguro para todos. Esto está en el lado norte de la escuela .

4 . Se discutió el desarrollo profesional . Los maestros recibirán  entrenamiento adicional en el nueva parte de escritura de la prueba SAGE  del final de ano.

5 . Hablamos de la necesidad de un sistema de sonido actualizado . Los miembros del Consejo de la Comunidad están todos de acuerdo con esta idea.  Una porción de los ingresos del Carnaval puede contribuir al costo del sistema de sonido .

6 . Jen Wright presidió el debate sobre el Carnaval. Sandra comprobará con el personal de los eventos para verificar nuestra reservaciones  con ellos.

7 . Nos gustaría incluir la exhibición de autos . Beki comprobará con su esposo y suegro para ver si todavía les gustaría participar en la exhibición de autos .

8 . Jen va a hablar con Gary sobre ser el maestro de ceremonias para esa noche.

9 . Allie hablará con la entrenadora Mere sobre el entrenamiento de los jóvenes para correr la carrera saco.

10 . Andrea será la representante de los maestros. Ella organizará inscribirse para tanque de agua , puestos de juegos de carnaval y el calendario de baile. Andrea hablara con Melissa para tener miembros de su barrio para que nos ayuden a limpiar y recoger.

11 . Sandra hablará con Roxanne para que le pregunte al PTA si pueden donar libros y / o carteles para el Carnaval .

12 . Sandra se pondrá en contacto con E-Excel en proporcionar voluntarios. Seguiremos Bingo. Rachelle hablará con Lani porque su esposo lo dirigió el ano pasado.