General Information: “The School Community Council (SCC) is comprised of parents, school employees, and the principal. The Council has statutory responsibilities to develop the School Improvement and LAND Trust plans which are focused on increasing student achievement in our school and may include provisions for professional development. Throughout the school year, the SCC reviews school data, identifies academic needs, sets measurable goals, establishes action steps to reach those goals, and evaluates success of the plans. This gives parents and school employees opportunity to be involved in the decision making process at the local school level.
Purpose: Each public school is required by law to have a school community council (SCC). The purposes are to build consistent and effective communication among parents, employees, and administrators. The SCC allows parents to be actively involved with the school in the education of their children.
Responsibilities: The parents, school administration and faculty work together to administer the School Improvement Plan, Safe Walking Plan, and the School Land Trust Plan. The SCC is responsible for determining how the LAND Trust funds are used in our school. When Utah was granted Statehood, parcels of land were placed in a perpetual Trust with the children of Utah as beneficiaries. Revenues from these lands go into the Permanent State School Fund. The dividends and interest of that fund are distributed annually to each public school in Utah. Our school received $55,362 during the 2017-2018 school year. Additionally the SCC serves as an advisory council to the school and district administration as well as the Canyons District Board of Education. In this role, an SCC fosters communication between the school and the community on local school issues. The School Community Council is a vital partner in fulfilling the mission of Canyons School District: Every student will graduate college-and-career ready. In addition, the SCC at Sandy Elementary puts together an amazing school carnival for our community.
SCC and the PTA: The School Community Council (SCC) is a separate entity from the Parent Teacher Association. The SCC's focus is on school achievement, safety, and how we fucntion within the School District and State.
Community Input Invited: The School Community Council (SCC) invites and encourages all parents, faculty, and staff to attend SCC meetings and volunteer to help with SCC activities. Meetings are held in the conference room and the meeting schedule can be found below. Meeting notices will be posted in the entry way of Sandy Elementary at least one week prior to each meeting. Our SCC calendar, agendas, and meeting minutes can all be found on this website.
The following dates are the proposed meeting dates for the 2017-2018 school year for our School Community Council. All meetings will be held in the conference room at 3:00 pm. All are welcome. If there is a specific item that you would like to discuss, please inform our SCC Chair so that she may add you to our agenda.
Meetings may be cancelled if there are no items or deadlines for the SCC. Notification of cancellation will be found on our school website, facebook, and the front door of our school at least one week prior to our meeting.
- September 11, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- October 9, 2017 - MEETING CANCELED/REUNIÓN CANCELADA
- November 13, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- December 11, 2017 -
- January 8, 2018 -
- February 12, 2018 -
- March 12, 2018 -
- April 9, 2018 -
- May 14, 2018 -
- October 3, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- November 7, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- Decembeer 5, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- January 9, 2017 - MEETING CANCELED/REUNIÓN CANCELADA
- February 6, 2017- Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- March 6, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- April 10, 2017 - MEETING CANCELED/REUNIÓN CANCELADA
- May 1, 2017 - MEETING CANCELED/REUNIÓN CANCELADA
- October 21, 2015 - Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- November 11, 2015 - Agenda | Minutes| Minutas
- December 9, 2015 - Agenda | Minutes| Minutas
- January 13, 2016 - MEETING CANCELED/REUNIÓN CANCELADA
- February 24, 2016- Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- March 23, 2016- Agenda | Minutes | Minutas
- April 13, 2016- MEETING CANCELED/REUNIÓN CANCELADA
- May 11, 2016- MEETING CANCELED/REUNIÓN CANCELADA
- 2013-2014 information click here
Sandy Elementary was allocated $55,362 for the 2017-2018 school year.
- 2016-2017 Land Trust Final Report
- 2015-2016 Land Trust Final Report
- 2014-2015 Land Trust Final Report
- 2013-2014 Land Trust Final Report